Cheesy and Hearty Red Lentil Lasagna by vancouverwithlove 😍
🍃 Oh yes! One huge slice of this incredibly lasagna will surely cheer anyone up no matter the circumstances. 💖 That’s what we love about food, it gives joy and warmth to anyone who eats it – especially if it is homemade! So be sure hit SAVE and give a slice (or a whole pan) to that someone special. 🤗
•2 cups unsweetened soy milk
•¼ cup tapioca flour
•¼ cup nutritional yeast
•1 tbsp onion powder
•2 tsp garlic powder
•1 tsp smoked paprika
•1 tsp sea salt
•2 tsp olive oil
•1 medium onion, diced
•2 cloves garlic, crushed
•1 large zucchini/courgette, chopped into 1cm cubes
•1 large red bell pepper, chopped into 1cm cubes
•3 cups crushed tomatoes
•1 cup uncooked red lentils
•1½ cup vegetable stock
•2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
•6 (approx.) gluten free or regular lasagna sheets/noodles
•1 cup vegan cheese shreds or slices
Instructions – To make cheese sauce
– In a medium saucepan on a low heat, combine all sauce ingredients (using a metal whisk to remove lumps).
– Heat mixture for about 10 mins, stirring frequently, until it thickens and resembles cheese sauce.
– Remove from heat and set aside.
To make the filling
– Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
– Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the diced onion and sauté for 5 mins, stirring regularly.
– Add garlic, zucchini and red pepper and sauté for a further 5 mins.
– Pour in tomatoes, lentils, stock and dried herbs. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.
– Simmer about 20 mins or until lentils are completely soft.
– Pour tomato/lentil filling into a deep ovenproof dish (just enough to cover the bottom of the dish).
– Cover with 3 lasagna sheets/noodles, and pour half the cheese sauce over these evenly.
– Repeat process, using remaining tomato/lentil filling, remaining 3 lasagna sheets and cheese sauce.
– Sprinkle cheese shreds over top, and cover dish in foil.
– Bake for 15 mins in oven, remove foil and bake for a further 15 mins until cheese/sauce is golden. Enjoy!